You can submit a chat request via the Anipanion smartphone app by selecting your veterinarian/veterinary staff, submitting a brief summary of your issue and attaching pictures/videos of the condition that needs to be reviewed. Once your request is accepted, you can have a live chat back and forth with your veterinarian or veterinary technician.
A chat can only be done via your smartphone. As a pet parent, you cannot use the chat feature via your desktop or laptop.
To start a Chat:
- After logging in to Anipanion on your Smartphone, tap Start Chat on the Home screen.
- From the chat screen, tap Start Chat.
- A price popup will display indicating the cost of the chat consult. This price is set by your clinic. Tap OK to close the popup and continue.
- Select the name of the Vet or Technician with whom you would like to chat from the Choose Vet menu. You will see a list of all available clinic staff set up to use chat, as well as the availability of that staff. Staff will need to be online for you to submit a chat request to them.
- Choose the pet that you plan to discuss with the vet or vet tech from the Choose Pet list.
- In the Summary box, type a brief description of the issue you want to review with your Vet or Vet Tech. You can choose to add an attachment to the summary.
- To add an attachment, tap the "+" icon, then choose the type of file or image you want to upload. You can add a picture or video from your phone's library, or capture a new video or photo.
- When you are ready to submit your chat request, click Start Chat.
- Once your chat request is accepted, you can have a live chat back and forth with your veterinarian or veterinary technician.
- Once the chat has ended, you will receive an emailed invoice highlighting details and costs of the chat consultation.
- If a chat request is not accepted, you will be prompted to call the practice directly for additional guidance.
Need some extra support? We're here for you and can't wait to help!
Phone: (858) 208-0018
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5PM PST