Please follow the steps below to link an Anipanion pet parent record to a Client record in your Practice Management System. You'll need to link an Anipanion pet parent to your Practice Management System to ensure the practice staff and the client can use Anipanion in an integrated fashion.
This feature is only available for supported practice management systems, and only if your practice Management System is currently set up to use the integration. If you are not sure if Anipanion offers an integration with your Practice Management System or whether your practice has been configured with the integration, please check with your practice administrator or contact us at email@example.com.
To link an Anipanion pet parent account with a client account in your Practice Management System
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: First, make sure the pet parent has registered with Anipanion. They need to have an Anipanion account that can be linked to the associated client record in your PIMS.
Step 2: Once the pet parent has registered on Anipanion, log into your Anipanion account at anipanion.com on your computer (do not use the smartphone app). Supported browsers include Google Chrome or Edge Chromium.
Step 3: Choose Add Clients from the left column (Nav menu) once you're logged in.
Step 4: From the Add a Client card that displays on the right, click the Add Client tab.
Step 5: Clients of your practice that have recently registered with Anipanion will be displayed on the Add Client list.
Step 6: Select a registered Pet Parent by clicking on a specific Client on the Add Client list.
Step 7: After selecting a client from the list, a Search option will display. You can choose to search by Client last name or by PIMS ID.
Step 8: To search by Client last name, select Search by Name and enter the Client's last name in the Search field and click Search to look for records in your Practice Management System that match the name you type. If your search returns more than one result, select the result that matches the pet parent record in Anipanion.
- If you do not see a client record in your PIMS that matches the Anipanion pet parent record you want to link, you will need to create the Client record in your Practice Management System.
- To search by PIMS ID, select Search by PIMS ID enter either the client ID or patient ID from Practice Management System in the appropriate field.
Step 9: Click Search to look for records in your Practice Management System that match the ID you entered.
- If you do not see the client or patient record in your PIMS that matches the Anipanion pet parent, you will need to create the client or patient record in your Practice Management System.
Step 10: Once the search is completed, verify that the user details from your Practice Management System match the Anipanion client and patient information. Then, click Link.
- You will be asked to confirm that you wish to link the Anipanion pet parent to the record in your Practice Management system.
Step 11 : Click Confirm to link the Anipanion pet parent (and associated pets) to your Practice Management System.
If the client has registered multiple pets on Anipanion, you can click on the drop down list and select the appropriate pet(s) tied to the client in the Practice Management System.
- Once all applicable pets tied to the client have been selected from the drop down lists, click Confirm.
- The pet parent and pet patient(s) are now linked successfully and you can begin using all of the integration benefits that Anipanion has to offer.